Blueberry, Lime & Coconut Muffins
These tangy, fruity vegan muffins are a great way to start your morning.
- Preheat the oven to 185C (fan assisted oven). Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine oat milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to allow milk to curdle.
- In a larger bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, coconut oil, lime zest, lime juice and vanilla extract. Add oat milk/vinegar mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients until well incorporated. Be careful not to over-mix – a few lumps are okay. Gently fold in the coconut and blueberries.
- Batter should be quite thick and scoopable. Spoon into muffin tins, filling each cup about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool before removing from the pan.
Prepped in 15 minutes
Ready in 45 minutes
Serves 12 muffins
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 ½ limes
- ¼ cup toasted desiccated coconut
- 1½ – 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp oat milk (slowly add more if needed for consistency)