Peanut Butter Pie
You can probably tell by the recipes here that I love chocolate and peanut butter combinations. This dessert is so light and tasty, no one I’ve served it to believes it’s vegan!
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- In a blender or food processor, blend your cookies until finely crumbed.
- Add the coconut oil (slowly adding more oil if necessary.
- Press mixture firmly and evenly against bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for ten minutes and set aside to cool.
- To make your filling, melt your chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently so chocolate doesn’t burn. You can also microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals to ensure all chocolate is melted.
- Once the chocolate is melted, place in a blender and mix together with the silken tofu, peanut butter, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. If your ingredients are not smooth, you can add 1 tbsp. oat milk.
- Pour into cooled pie crust and refrigerate until firm (several hours is best).
- Serve with coconut whipped cream.
Prepped in 15 minutes
Ready in 120 minutes
Serves 8 slices
- 2 cups vegan chocolate biscuits (I like Annie’s organic chocolate bunnies, but they are hard to come by in Europe, so any chocolate wafer cookie will work).
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup silken tofu, drained and patted dry with a paper towel
- ½ cup all natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring