Vegan Pad Thai
Our family loves a good Pad Thai. I found the sauce for this by playing around with ingredients to use instead of fish sauce. I also love this sauce with the rice and greens recipe.
- To make the sauce, combine all of your ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat and whisk well. Once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place your rice noodles in a large bowl and immerse in boiling water. Cook according to package directions, preferably al dente (approximately 5 minutes).
- Drain noodles, leaving some pasta water in the pan so keep them from sticking.
- Heat your wok on medium heat and add sesame oil. Saute tofu and garlic until both are golden brown.
- Put your heat up slightly, to medium high. Add your vegetables and your Braggs and continue stir frying for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Completely drain noodles and add them to the wok along with your sauce stir frying until covered and hot.
- Place in a large bowl and serve with side garnish, adding the ingredients you enjoy!
Prepped in 30 minutes
Ready in 45 minutes
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1/2 cup Braggs Liquid Amino Acids (or other coconut aminos or low sodium tamari)
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar (a bit more if you prefer a sweeter sauce)
- Juice of one lime
- One clove minced garlic
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce (more if you prefer a bit of spice)
- 2 tsp Hoisin sauce (I like Yau’s as it’s vegan and gluten-free)
Taste for sweetness and spiciness, and adjust to taste.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ cup cubed extra firm tofu, patted dry
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Braggs Amino Acids (or other coconut aminos or low sodium tamari)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 leeks
- 4 carrots shredded
- ½ cup green onion
- 800 g. rice or brown rice noodles
- ½ c. green onion
- ½ c. coriander/cilantro
- ½ c. chopped peanuts
- Crispy fried onions
- ½ c. thinly sliced radish
- ½ c. bean sprouts
- Sriracha or chili pepper flakes for spice